Security Details & Your Weekend Arrangements
The University of Minnesota campus will be very crowded on the weekend of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama's visit, with students, attendees of these events, as well as planned road construction. Please be aware of these factors and plan accordingly. We would like to encourage our guests to carpool, use public transportation, or travel by bike or foot. Please visit Metro Transit for more information.
If you are traveling by car, there are ample places around campus to park for minimal fees. Please visit the University's Parking and Transportation Services for maps, parking availability, disability accommodations and campus bus routes.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Radisson University Hotel.
615 Washington Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Guests can call (800) 333-3333 or the number listed above and ask for the "Tibetan Medicine Conference" or "His Holiness the Dalai Lama Minnesota Visit" in order to be placed under the block.
Make reservations online with the promo code. Follow these steps:
- Go to www.radisson.com/univ_minneapolis
- Under "Check Rates & Availability," click on "More Search Options"
- Enter the dates of your stay
- Then, under "Promotional Code," enter TIBET or HHDL
- Guests will then choose a room under the block
The Radisson University discount rate offered for a standard room is $114.
Comfort Suites in Downtown Minneapolis has plenty of availability over the Minnesota Visit weekend.
425 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415
To make reservations please call the phone number listed above or visit www.comfortsuites.com.
Mention that you are staying for the "Tibetan Medicine Conference" or "His Holiness the Dalai Lama Minnesota Visit" and receive a rate of $89 per night, breakfast included.
*There are also various other options in the Twin Cities area and near campus.
Airport Transportation to the hotel is through Super Shuttle. They can be contacted at either (800) BLUE-VAN (258-3826) or www.supershuttle.com. The cost averages around $15 one way.
There are some very important security regulations that all attendees must adhere to. Failure to comply with these measures will result in removal from the venue without refund of ticket price. Please refer to the back of your ticket for a brief synopsis.
- No cameras, recording devices, laptop computers, large purses/bags, backpacks, or other prohibited items will be allowed. There will be no place to check these items upon arrival, so please leave them in your car or at home. If you are forced to leave the line to dispose of a restricted item, you will have to rejoin at the back of the line.
- All attendees are required to clear security before entering the venue and are subject to a search. All purses and containers will be inspected. Treat this security screening as if traveling in an airport; do not wear or carry metal items and have a government issued photo identification on hand. We ask you to think ahead to prevent delays in security.
- Cell phones are permitted but must be turned completely off during the program.
- Dangerous or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Violators will be removed from the venue and subject to police involvement.
- Tickets for the specific event are required for entry.
- If you are attending more than one event, you will be required to exit the venue after each one and proceed through security again. Doors open at 7:30 am for the morning session and 1:00 pm for the afternoon address.
- No weapons, objects that may be perceived as weapons, laser pointers, noisemakers, posters/banners/flags or signs of any sort, umbrellas, or strollers.
- Please refrain from unauthorized solicitation (fliers/brochures/merchandise), see the home page if you are interested in being a special vendor for these events.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the arena.
*We reserve the right to update any of this information prior to the event.
If you have any questions about the above or making arrangements for your trip, please call the Center for Spirituality & Healing at (612) 624-9459.